8BitDo is a wireless controller that allows you to play games on Android devices without using Bluetooth. The device has a variety of features, such as motion control, vibration feedback, and support for multiple languages.
8BitDo was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China. The company offers both hardware and software solutions.
As 8BitDo firmware updates are released, it is recommended to update the firmware. This allows for improved performance and/or introduction of new features and functionality.
In this article, we show you how to install the latest version of 8BitDo firmware onto your 8BitDo device.
If you want more information about any of 8BitDo’s products, please visit their official website.
What Is 8BitDo?
An 8BitDo manufactures small wireless controllers that connect to your smartphone, laptop, or tablet via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It works with many popular games including Minecraft, Clash of Clans, and Angry Birds. You can also use it to navigate through menus and play music.
The 8BitDo controllers have been around since 2014, but at first they were only available for Windows and Mac computers.
The company recently launched its first app, which lets users connect their Android phones to the 8BitDo controller.
This is a great way to play games on your phone without having to pair it up with another device.
You can even use the 8BitDo controller with other devices like the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
How To Update Your 8BitDo Firmware on a PC or Mac
- To download the latest version of the firmware, go to the 8BitDo website and click on the “Support” tab at the top of the page. Once there, locate your particular controller on the page and hover over it to see its current firmware version.
- Click on Firmware Updater.
- This opens up the Upgrade Tool page, where you can download the latest firmware upgrade for either Windows or Mac. Select your particular operating system to start the download.
- Once downloaded, open the file.
- Open the “8BitDo Firmware Updater” folder.
- Open the updater application. This will be the largest file in the folder at a compressed size of 7256 KB.
- Extract all the files from this compressed folder.
- Go back to your original downloaded folder, and you should find the uncompressed application file. Click it to open.
- Once open, connect your 8Bitdo controller to your computer via USB cable.
- Click the center button of the application that says “Firmware Update”.
- Select the current version of the firmware, which will be at the top of the list.
- Click on the Update button to begin the firmware update.
- Wait a few seconds for the update to finish.
- Press the “Success” button once it has completed the update.
- You can now close the application. Your 8bitdo controller has been fully updated to the latest version of the firmware.
- You can now disconnect your controller from the USB port of your computer.
Now you can enjoy playing games on your smartphone or tablet with the latest firmware for the 8BitDo controller!
How To Update 8Bitdo Wireless Adapter For Nintendo Switch
The 8BitDo wireless adapter allows you to use any controller such as a PlayStation or Xbox controller on the Nintendo Switch. This allows you to save some money and use a controller that you may be more comfortable with on the Switch.
The compatible controllers that are supported by the 8BitDo wireless adapter are:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One S/X
- SN30 Pro
- N30 Pro
- PlayStation 3
- Switch Pro
- Wii U Controller
It’s important to note that the only controllers that offer motion control are the PlayStation 4 and the Switch Pro controllers.
To update your 8BitDo wireless adapter using the Tools for Update app for your particular wireless adapter, follow the steps below.
- Visit 8BitDo’s support page at: http://support.8bitdo.com
- Scroll down the page to the 8BitDo Adapters section.
- Find and select the adapter that you want to update.
- Click “Download” to automatically download the latest firmware.
- Once downloaded, open the update tool app.
- Hold down the pair button of your wireless adapter and connect it to your computer via the USB cable.
- Click the “Update” button to install the latest firmware.
- Wait for the update to install.
Another way to install the latest firmware on your 8BitDo is by using the Firmware Updater application.
Let’s go through this process step by step.
- Download the firmware updater from 8BitDo’s support page.
- Once downloaded, open 8BitDo Firmware Updater.exe in your file browser.
- This will launch the Firmware Updater application.
- Connect your wireless adapter to the computer via USB cable.
- In the Firmware Updater application, click the “Firmware Update” button in the center of the screen.
- Choose which firmware you want to install. The latest firmware update will be at the top of the list.
- Click on “Update” to automatically update your wireless adapter.
Now the wireless adapter will have the latest firmware, and it will be compatible with all of the wireless controllers that we listed above.
Remember, when you plug in your wireless adapter via USB, you must hold down the pairing button on the adapter itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many controllers can the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter connect to at one time?
The wireless adapter can only connect to one wireless remote at a time. If you want to connect multiple remotes, such as PlayStation DualShock remotes, to your Nintendo Switch, then you will require multiple adapters.
What should I do when I plug in the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter to the Nintendo Switch, it shows the controller is successfully connected but nothing happens when I press any button?
In your Nintendo Switch, you must ensure that you have the “Pro Controller Wired Communication” setting turned on. You can do this in “System Settings” on your Nintendo Switch, and select the “Controllers and Sensors” screen.
Here you can scroll down to “Pro Controller Wired Communication” and turn it on.
What systems does the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter work with?
The 8BitDo Wireless Adapter is compatible with the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Classic, Windows, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, and CYBER Gadget Retro Freak devices.
Can I connect the Wii Classic to my Wii Remote and then play on the Switch using the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter?
This will work as long as you’re using a first-party Wii controller. Third-party controllers will not be compatible with the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter.
We hope that this tutorial helped you with installing the new firmware on your 8BitDo device.
The process of updating the firmware on any 8BitDo device is more or less the same whether it is for a controller or wireless adapter. Follow the steps above to install the latest firmware on your device.
Updating the firmware on your 8BitDo device is easy if you know how to do it. If you are having issues with the firmware update, then please refer to 8BitDo’s official website for further guidance.